Welcome to Maze Group, a technology and strategy consulting firm and private equity group that works with some of the largest consumer-facing brands in the world. Whether it’s unlocking revenue, modernizing data infrastructure, or finding new ways to monetize, we help public and private equity-owned businesses get it done. We are looking to hire an Email Marketing Manager who will work directly with clients to focus on retention marketing and growth strategy across multiple channels and topics (including onsite, email, mobile, referral programs, and loyalty programs). This specialist will also gain experience in acquisition marketing, UX design, and e-commerce strategy. You will work directly with Maze's partners to analyze information, formulate hypotheses, and develop recommendations for both clients and portfolio companies. You will also have the opportunity to present results to client management / board of directors and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Applicants should have high attention to detail as well as an interest in performance marketing and analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze marketing campaigns and programs, compiling relevant findings and identifying areas for improvement to communicate with clients.
- Brainstorm data-backed optimizations and strategic marketing ideas for clients.
- Create hypotheses for, conduct, and run analyses on A/B tests.
- Work directly with other Maze Consulting team members to develop Retention-specific initiatives and manage effective execution across multiple workstreams.
- Recommend solutions for clients’ marketing needs that span all parts of the business (e.g. onsite or in-store experience, social media, events, etc.).
- Develop emails in our clients’ ESPs using WYSIWYG, drop and drag editors, or light HTML.
- Build complex yet elegant tech stacks to enable forward-thinking growth marketing.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have an Undergraduate or Master’s degree with 3+ years of work experience in e-commerce, marketing, or other relevant field
- Experienced in working with ESPs (Iterable, Klaviyo, Sendgrid, Listrak, Mailchimp, etc.) and technically competent to understand what’s going on under the hood of various marketing tools
- Able to develop high-level strategy, but also comfortable getting in the trenches to implement, test, and optimize
- Bonus points if you have experience with email HTML, metadata, or knowledge of email/referral/loyalty vendors in the commerce space
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- You are generally an awesome human that values kindness, curiosity and intelligence