Position: R&D Food Scientist
Location: Schaumburg, IL area
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Bakery Science or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of progressive Food Technologists experience
- Demonstrated technical achievement in the development of laminated dough (croissant, Danish, cinnamon rolls and associated products)
- Development of fruit fillings, glazes, and icings for the Food Service and in-store Bakery markets.
- Good knowledge of New Product development process and methodologies with acidified foods
- Strong problem solving and technical skills with Dry Mixes
- Conceptualize and develop new products for the Dry Mix product categories (cakes, donuts, muffins, etc.)
- Lead and conduct pilot plant and plant trials for new products start-ups, product improvements and plant transfers
- Conduct basic research for new products and develop best practices for preserving and processing foods.
- Conduct research to discover new food sources, analyze food content and participate in development of ways to assure compliance with FDA/regulations.
- Develop appropriate timeline for project delivery and facilitate prototype development.
- Establish and document specifications for new products based on lab development and plant trials.
- Manage product development for technical projects for assigned accounts and drive innovations of novel products