We’re looking for a Digital Copywriter with at least 3-5 years of agency experience to join our creative team in NYC. The focus of this role is organic/paid social, campaign creation, and online advertising with the opportunity to work across multiple accounts and pitch new business.
A successful applicant will be a self-starter who is comfortable owning entire projects; collaborating with art directors, designers and animators; and presenting to clients.
Are you a curious Digital Copywriter who loves coming up with new ways to leverage social platforms? Do you love crafting smart copy, concepting new campaigns, and presenting your work? Do you see the big picture in a small brief as much as you’re obsessed with the nitty-gritty details of a big project? If you’re sitting there thinking “all of the above,” and you have a solid portfolio with digital work to prove it, read on!
What you’ll do:
- Proactively conceptualize and strategize new, intriguing, and effective campaigns
- Craft exceptional copy, setting the bar for creativity and passion while distilling key messages down to their essence and staying on brief
- Work directly with clients, lead presentations, own deck copy, help with new business work, contribute to conceptual brainstorms, and more
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices for social content creation, as well as maintain monthly content calendar
- Pivot quickly and seamlessly between brand voices, and effectively manage timelines and turnaround
- Be ahead of the curve with digital trends, language, platforms, and resources to achieve the best performance
- Be the first to know about emerging social media platforms/technologies and how our competitors are using them
- Be the first to experiment with new features across platforms and educate the team on your learnings
- Leverage SEO knowledge to ensure your work reaches the right audience
- Become a key member of a highly collaborative team of creatives, including other copywriters, designers, animators, developers, and more
- Experienced in all areas of digital copy (social, site, advertising) with the ability to think through user journeys across channels
- Demonstrably skilled in writing for all platforms, working for multiple clients on tight deadlines
- Well-versed in creating and owning social strategies and calendars
- An expert in best practices across social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) and digital media
- Confidently able to speak to the nuances of brand voice and easily able to shift between brands
- A strategic thinker who is focused on delivering solutions for our clients that go above-and-beyond the brief
- Comfortable managing the priorities and needs of multiple time-sensitive projects, as well as self-motivated with exceptional follow-up skills
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment, willing to go above and beyond to help your colleagues succeed
What you’ll get:
In addition to working with some really awesome brands and appreciative clients, we’ll be thrilled to have you as a key member of the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious, like to solve problems, and are as passionate about teaching our craft as we are about making great work. We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you’ll get working with us:
- An awesome place for you to grow, in an environment that will support you.
- Great pay and benefits, including medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- Generous PTO
- Fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs, and more
- An awesome work environment with helpful coworkers, lots of snacks, and the occasional friendly pup