We are a creative production agency, which consists of developers, designers, writers, animators, inventors, technologists, producers, retouchers, artists, photographers, musicians, and new-media strategists working collaboratively on projects as varied as we are. We solve creative problems as a multi-disciplinary collective, and our unified goal is to make work for which both we and our clients can be fiercely proud. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and a good attitude as the key ingredients to a great creative product.
We’re looking for a 2D animator / Editor (+3 years relevant experience) to join our team in our NYC office. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and most importantly is a pleasure to work with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Create 2d graphics for use in videos
- Provides creative input on initial scripts and throughout post-production
- Create the most effective graphic in terms of look, story relevance or continuity
- Addresses all agency and /or client cut changes throughout the approval process
- Responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
- Archives all Projects at the wrap of each jo
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future animation/adaptations/edits
- Some long hours may be required
- Work with tight deadlines in fast paced environment
- Creative skills and ability to incorporate current technologies and creative forms
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production technology
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible and helpful, able to multi-task, self-starter
- Solid communication skills and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Competence with working in shared network environments and structured file systems
- Working with 6K/8K video is a plus
- Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
- Competence in video editing systems including, but not limited to After Effects, Final Cut, Premiere, and related plug-ins and enhancement packages
- A current reel that conveys both technical ability and creative thought.
Please provide a brief description about what you did for each segment provided for evaluation.