We're looking for an AD/Digital Designer (3+ years experience) to join our amazing team at our NYC Hudson Yards office.
This is Us
thelab is a creative production agency. We are makers, designers, writers, artists, technologists and conceptualists of unknown origin. We solve creative problems as a multi-disciplinary collective. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and laughter as key ingredients to a great creative product. We very much love what we do.
This is You
A subtle force. You love solving problems individually and through collaboration. You have the ability to design and create strong branding across a broad range of media. You don’t subscribe to a single style but you know what you stand for. You are self-starting, meticulous but quick, and obsessed with design. You contribute to a tight-knit team, working closely with senior team members and experts from a variety of disciplines.
What You'll Do
A Thinker/Designer who comes from an agency or branding design studio background, your work is a blend of printed concepts, collateral, interactive, motion and social solutions. As a creative team player, you'll be comfortable in a high volume environment and have a command of the creative production process from initial concept to final delivery. In your role, you’ll ideate, design and help to develop print, video and digital experiences, and products for one of the world’s most recognizable and beloved brands. You are skilled in the execution of deliverables and beginning to focus on presenting, managing relationships and delivering results. You will be responsible for maintaining and elevating our client's brand by designing and concepting for integrated, multiplatform marketing efforts targeted at consumers, often on tight deadlines. And of course, you are well organized, open to feedback (no egos here), embrace process and are resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
What you Bring
- BFA in Design or something comparable. Plus 2-5 years experience in an agency setting
- An online portfolio that shows off the very best of your thinking
- Strong collaboration skills. Ability to thrive in a relaxed but fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
- A full understanding of responsive digital development constraints and possibilities
- Demonstrated abilities in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Dabble in After Effects, Premier, or have an eye for motion graphics in general is a major plus
- A positive, problem solving attitude. You must be a good person and play well with others.
- Experience with CRM programs a plus
- Experience with Hospitality and Branding a plus
- Self starter
- Ability to package up digital assets for delivery
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup