Does the sight of Cinderella Castle give you butterflies? Have you ever debated whether Space Mountain or Splash Mountain is better? Did you break down at the end of Toy Story? Are Mickey ice cream bars one of your favorite foods?
thelab is looking for someone like you.
We are searching for the perfect Designer / AD to work on the most magical entertainment/hospitality brand in the world.
As a hybrid Designer / AD for this iconic brand, you’ll get exposure to all aspects of design and art direction – and you’ll use pixie dust and plenty of imagination to make it all happen. There’s a great team of art directors and copywriters dreaming up fully integrated 360° campaigns – an exciting group to be a part of! One day you might be working on a video, photo shoot, or a branding project – the next day you might be leading a multimedia campaign, printed tactics, out-of-home piece, and more. Whatever the ask, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to have your creative voice heard, all while collaborating with a team of experts who love the brand – and make magical work together. So if you’re organized, resilient, positive, and excited to find a new creative home in an ego-free environment, make sure to reach out!
- BFA in Design or comparable. 5+ years experience in an agency/studio setting
- An online portfolio that shows off the very best of your thinking
- Branding and motion/animation background is a huge plus
- Great eye for typography
- Have a strong balance of branding, layout, and illustration design skills
- Experience with social platforms, with a finger on the pulse of trends
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a relaxed but fast-paced environment, while juggling/leading multiple projects
- Well-versed and comfortable in a variety of presentation settings
- A full understanding of responsive digital development constraints and possibilities
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Dabble in After Effects, Premier, or have an eye for motion graphics in general is a major plus
- A positive, problem-solving attitude – be a good person who plays well with others
- Experience with CRM programs a plus
- Experience with hospitality and branding a plus
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to package up digital assets for delivery
Thrilled to have you on the team and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab – we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- Great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401(k) with match
- Generous PTO
- Fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs, and more
- An awesome work setup, with helpful coworkers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast, and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding and design to e-commerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.