thelab is looking for a Mid-Level Project Manager to join our team and help execute work centered around creative and technical development of a large e-commerce platform.
We are looking for someone who will work between our clients and our internal development group to plan, scope, and write requirements for the ongoing development of e-commerce websites. The ideal candidate would have experience working directly with developers in an agile environment and with product owners to create technical requirements from business needs. The person who fills this role will be the main day-to-day contact with clients.
The Technical Producer will work under a Senior Producer and will be responsible for ensuring requirements for upcoming work are properly defined, that current work is unblocked, and that completed work meets the clients’ needs.
We are a creative production agency consisting of developers, designers, writers, animators, inventors, technologists, producers, retouchers, artists, photographers, musicians, and new-media strategists, working collaboratively on projects as varied as we are. We solve creative problems as a multidisciplinary collective, and our unified goal is to produce work that both we and our clients can be fiercely proud. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and a good attitude as the key ingredients to a great creative product.
We will be
An awesome place for you to grow, in an environment that will support you. thelab is large enough to get an amazing variety of work, but small enough to be flexible in working with smaller brands and start-ups. We like to keep things interesting and have a few products of our own as well. You’ll work on a lot of different kinds of projects, and you’ll learn a lot along the way. You’ll do it with reasonable timelines, surrounded by friendly people who want to see you succeed. And you’ll generally finish your day with plenty of time left over to meet your friends for a drink – or grab one with your new team.
– Engage with the Creative, Development, and QA teams, to track their progress and ensure any blockers are addressed in a timely manner
– Review deliverables, to ensure project goals have been met before delivery
– Turn client strategy and goals into project briefs and requirements
– Ensure projects stay within timelines and budget
– Develop clear and concise weekly project reports
– Participate in client meetings, take notes, and create follow-up tasks, as needed
– Stay up to speed on multiple projects and deliverables
– A Project Manager with at least three (3) years experience managing software development using an Agile methodology
– Able to understand complex application architecture to the extent needed to troubleshoot if necessary
– Adept at writing extremely detailed and clear project documentation
– Experienced with managing small- and medium-size cross-functional teams
– Experienced with Project Management software, such as Redmine or Jira
– Proactive at managing expectations of Production, Creative, Strategic, Account, and Client teams
– Organized, with an astute attention to detail
– Experienced with creating budgets and tracking costs
– Successful at delivering projects on time, to spec, and within budget