We are looking for a highly motivated Production Designer, Quality Control to join our amazing production team at our NYC Hudson Yards office.
Our Production Designer, Quality Control acts as the resident Brand Guardian, ensuring that all work meets brand guidelines, best practices, and the written or verbal brief.
What you’ll do:
- Reviewing work against brand guidelines, best practices, and the written or verbal brief.
- Clarifying and discussing any issues–objective or subjective. Ensuring brand standards are adhered to and job specifications are met.
- Adhering to client-supplied or internal style guidelines. Ensuring the correct color breaks (palettes) are in use. Helping to interpret and enforce. You will be the resident studio Brand Guardian.
- Ensuring that all mechanical elements conform to the intended reproduction specifications (SWOP, SNAP or Gracol) including color space, Dmax, resolution, file type/size, and proper separation.
- Performing alterations of presentation and production files as directed.
- Using workflow systems to successfully generate press-ready output files, routing prints, and certifiable retouching and contract/publication proofs.
- Recording accurately and in a timely manner all labor, materials, and required comments in job management/timesheet system.
Do you have what it takes?
- 2-5 years experience at an advertising agency in a mechanical studio or Quality Control environment.
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills required.
- Must be familiar with and understand the print production/pre-press processes. Digital production standards for HTML5 banners, email and static is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, highly organized and possess the ability to track multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to re-prioritize and respond to changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Proven effectiveness when working under pressure.
- Appreciation for the creative process.
- Skilled at working with account and creative teams.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do @ thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’ all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you’ll get working with us:
- An awesome place for you to grow, in an environment that will support you.
- Great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- Generous PTO
- Fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- An awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup.