We’re looking for a Senior UX Lead (5+ years relevant experience) to join our amazing team!
What you'll do:
The UX Lead will report to the Creative Director and help design websites and platforms that meet user’s needs and enhance their experience. In this role, you’re responsible for interactive prototyping, wireframing, competitive analysis, user testing and analysis, and optimization of critical user flows, as well as both mobile and responsive design. The UX Lead works collaboratively with a team of designers and developers, and also attends team meetings, presents findings and wireframes to stakeholders and combines interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
At the core, the UX lead is an analytical and creative thinker who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems.
A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
What you’ve done:
- Developed an expertise at understanding product specifications and user psychology
- Conducted concept and usability testing and gathered feedback
- Created personas through user research and data
- Developed wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Identified creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Worked with designers to implement attractive designs
- Successfully communicated design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Effectively managed your time and deadlines
- Maintained grace after the 10th round. Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions.
- Continually updated your UX knowledge and skills
- Developed and promoted a grown-up attitude: we don’t do drama here ☺
Who you are:
Passionate about all things UX and design, naturally! A well designed interactive experience makes our your heart flutter. You love working collaboratively, owning and shaping the creation of your concepts. And you are a natural communicator whom colleagues genuinely enjoy working with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.