We’re an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and
technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work to help brands work better, and our production roots ensure that every great idea gets delivered right. From branding & design, photoshoots and video production, e-commerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business. Oh, and we host a mean barbecue too.
About the role
As our company continues to grow, we’re looking to bring on an experienced VP of People to create an inviting organization that will drive engagement through trust, meaningful work, growth opportunities, innovative performance management and proactively develop a positive culture that reflects thelab’s values. While the role is based out of our flagship office in NY, you would work on behalf of our other offices in LA and Columbus, OH. You would play an integral part in overseeing our initiatives in diversity and inclusion, organizational strategy, performance management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee relationships, and recruiting.
We would look to you to:
- Serve as a strategic advisor and passionate contributor to company leadership for all things people-related
- Act as a trusted confidant to all employees, proactively addressing difficult employee related issues and drive to resolution
- Evolve our performance management program, including—but not limited to—reviews, pulse surveys, and more formal check-in processes
- Assist in the onboarding and exiting of employees, from developing new resources and training programs to acting as the intermediary between our 3rd-party HR firm and on-site teams
- Help evolve and drive our policies in partnership with our 3rd-party HR firm, and ensure that updates to policy are communicated company-wide
- Evolve our recruiting process to attract and source high caliber talent across disciplines and experience levels
- Shape the community, morale, and culture of thelab, with a constant focus on our mission and values.
- 7-10 years of successful HR Generalist and HR Business Partner experience
- Track record of developing innovative and creative talent and growth strategies and initiatives to scale a growing and vibrant company culture
- Created successful onboarding plans
- Experience in implementing HR systems, policies and procedures
- Superior team building and interpersonal management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Flexible yet thoughtful in your strategic decision making, striking the right balance between advocating for our business and our employees
- Ability to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to foster relationships with all levels of staff
- Knowledge of New York State and U.S. employment laws and regulations
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions
- Experience building processes, systems, and programs for recruiting, performance management, training, and professional development