About the company:
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business. Oh, and we host a mean barbecue too.
We’re looking for a digital designer (+4 years relevant experience) to join our NYC Chelsea office.
The Digital Designer will report to the Creative Director and work with a team of designers, copywriters, developers, and producers on new and current projects. We’re looking for a range of design and creative capabilities, which include:
- Digital design experience: Responsive sites, email marketing, banners, and social campaigns make up the bulk of our work. We’ll look for you to easily plug into our day-to-day projects.
- A love affair with design: We’re looking for someone who is just as obsessed as we are about beautiful typography, photography, and layout.
- Motion design knowledge: We don’t need an After Effects powerhouse, but we would like someone who can think through and execute on motion design to enhance everything from landing pages to client social feeds.
- Conceptual thinking: All ideas welcome. If you can make it, we’ll pitch it.
- Presentation skills: Making something is only half the battle. You’ll be responsible for creating thoughtful decks and will present your work directly to the client.
- Grace after the 10th round: Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions.
- A grown-up attitude: we don’t do drama here ☺
- Extra credit: Experience with photo and video shoot production.
Excited about digital design, naturally! You have experience with responsive sites, follow the latest and greatest in motion graphics, and delight in dynamic typography and color palettes. A well-designed email makes your heart flutter, and your Instagram saved folder is full of great social ads. You’re a self-starter and team player who understands how to manage up. And you keep your photoshop files well organized, because it’s The Right Thing To Do. You might even be able to convince your Creative Director that CG influencers are the future of social. Or not. We’re looking for people with opinions here.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We’re scrappy problem solvers. We revel in unexpected solutions. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.