We’re looking for a Design Lead (5+ years relevant experience) to join our amazing team!
What you'll do:
The Design Lead will report to the Creative Director and work with a team of developers, designers and producers to lead and manage the design and relaunch of large scale web and mobile platforms, with a focus on e-commerce. The Design Lead provides creative direction and vision for a variety of user experiences. Someone with a deep understanding of UX principles will have an extreme advantage, and shepherding design plans from start to strategy to a finished and cohesive design will be this person’s main focus.
What you’ve done:
- Successfully concepted and designed functional, beautiful e-commerce sites from initial briefing through to final deliverables
- Cultivated a strong eye for design
- Collaborated effectively with developers, designers and other stakeholders to ensure web designs and functionality are correctly built and brought to life
- Presented work directly to stakeholders/clients
- Developed exceptional organizational skills, allowing you to maintain both strategic overview and a hyper focus on the details
- Become an expert in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch and interactive prototyping tools such as Invision
- Maintained grace after the 10th round. Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions.
- Challenged yourself both personally and professionally by staying current with technology and interaction design trends.
- Successfully led projects. Our senior designers have the opportunity - and responsibility - to lead projects, partner with clients, and support more junior designers on the team
- Developed and promoted a grown-up attitude: we don’t do drama here ☺
Who you are:
Passionate about all things design, naturally! A well designed interactive experience makes our your heart flutter. You love working collaboratively, owning and shaping the creation of your concepts. And you are a natural communicator whom colleagues genuinely enjoy working with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.