We are looking for a Copywriter who is capable of coming up with big ideas and experiences, and executing them across all channels while providing creativity that inspires greatness in others. Humor, craftsmanship, intellectual curiosity, and accountability are all qualities we desire for the candidate in this role. The Copywriter will work independently, as well as collaborate with other members of the team including ACDs, Art Directors, Account Team Members, Producers, and fellow Copywriters.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Responsible for maintaining and elevating brands by creating on-strategy copy for integrated, multiplatform marketing efforts targeted at consumer, digital clients, and potential clients
· Take personal responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted copy that adheres to client equity and standards, and brand and product specifications
· Conceptual, strategic, and collaborative, and helps mentor Junior Copywriters while reporting to the Senior Copywriter and ACD
· Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities within strict deadlines
· Responsible for passionately articulating and “selling” creative to Client partners, using outstanding presentation skills
· Responsible for working closely with other team members to jointly develop creative concepts and ideas
Qualifications + Education + Experience Requirements
· Four-year degree required
· Ad school graduate preferred
· Portfolio demonstrating conceptual ability required
· Minimum of 3 years experience in advertising copywriting preferred
· Must be proficient in word and excel on Mac – Adobe CC skills a plus
· Experience with writing copy for print, website, emails, social video, and CRM programs required
· Experience in a high-volume, multi-project environment with multiple stakeholders, time-sensitive deadlines, competing priorities, and occasionally limited resources
· Strong attention to detail and project management skills, with the ability to execute jobs with speed, accuracy, and efficiency
· Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic demeanor
THE NEW WRITER + THELAB: ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT?
The brand that we're looking for a writer for has a range of work that roughly breaks out 30% Print - 25% Digital - 25% Video - 20% Social
Ideally, to work on this 360 integrated account, we're looking for a left-brain/right-brain writer who excels at cross-channel campaigns that include everything from 30-minute scripted videos to complicated email matrices. OOH headlines and ads, to big branding ideas, as well as CRM, and brochures – all with an acute attention to detail and ability to translate a concept across channels consistently and strategically.
The writer should also have experience working on comprehensive CRM projects or in-depth loyalty programs for big brands – anything outside of typical ad agency, quick-hitting seasonal consumer advertising. Many candidates love to show interesting and clever videos and social work in their books – which is great proof of creativity – but we also need to know our writers can handle complex 360 work as well, not only the cool ideas.
Presenting the work is another important job of the writer, so in addition to attention to detail and a strategic approach, the writer needs to be very conceptual and able to articulate those big ideas to our highly creative client (and also to our very literal partners.)
In addition, it's important that our writer be a team player who embraces our team mentality. Often times, writers who seek out those big brands and flashy/award-winning agencies might not be the best mutual fit for our team and process – as we have no egos on our team, and are always helping each other out to cross the finish line. So in a nutshell, the best-fit writer for us would have to have a mature attitude, be able to see the big picture, but still be able to have fun and play nice with our team and partners.
Do you think that sounds like you?