thelab is looking for an ACD with strong digital and print design skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable moving at a fast pace, able to execute and handle multiple tasks, and capture and incorporate feedback from various teams. Responsible for guiding the visual design for all aspects of web-based and mobile products from overall look & feel to user interface elements such as layout, imagery, iconography, and/or typography.
What you'll do:
- Execute great design as well as help to manage design teams and projects
- Understand client goals and develop unique visual designs and concepts that exceed client expectations
- Lead and execute creative for a variety of deliverable types in digital and print, including one-sheeters, presentation decks, posters, booklets, infographics, digital banners, social posts, landing pages and more.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare comps and present ideas to project stakeholders
- Work closely with members of the team to produce final deliverables
- Review designs for errors before publishing/printing
- Follow style guide and brand guidelines and ensure final product is a good representation of the client’s brand
- Test graphics across various media
- Foster positive working relationships
- Develop and manage a library of collateral, presentations, and other materials.
- Contribute in projects, adding creative and strategic insight to elevate the ask
- Assist with product and site testing to assure quality standards are being met
What you've done:
- 6-8 years of design experience
- Expert level knowledge of design software and technologies, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of design layout and principles
- Knowledgeable across a variety of digital tactics including CRM, social, web banners
- Knowledge of print best practices based on experience working in a production studio
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and teammates to accurately convey your desired message
- Ability to look at your work from the point of view of the client and their target audience, to determine how both groups will perceive the brand message
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients
- Flexibility and creativity to think of new approaches to communicate ideas to customers and target audience
- Ability to articulate and champion design decisions to client
- Delegate work when needed and review
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to absorb and apply feedback from peers
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.