We are a creative production agency, which consists of developers, designers, writers, animators, inventors, technologists, producers, retouchers, artists, photographers, musicians, and new-media strategists working collaboratively on projects as varied as we are. We solve creative problems as a multi-disciplinary collective, and our unified goal is to make work for which both we and our clients can be fiercely proud. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and a good attitude as the key ingredients to a great creative product.
We’re looking for a Designer/Animator to join our team in our NYC office. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and most importantly is a pleasure to work with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
- Graphic design background with strong technical skills, design aesthetic, and awareness of current media trends.
- 1-2 years of agency or design studio experience.
- Love of all things visual: typography, layout, composition, motion.
- Equally skilled in design and animation.
- Strong sense of timing, pacing and movement in all animations.
- Can understand & translate a variety of brand identities into high-quality design and motion graphics.
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and Media Encoder.
- Beginner knowledge of C4D a plus.
- Working knowledge of Sketch.
- Capable of some light editing.
- Strong technical knowledge of AE plugins and able to use scripts.
- Comfort working with 6K/8K video is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of working with audio files.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- The Designer Animator will report to the Lead Designer Animator and work with our creative team made up of designers, copywriters, developers, and producers.
- Assist in design, creation and/or edit of still and motion graphics.
- Animated social campaigns, OLV’s, broadcast commercials, email campaigns, and digital billboards make up the bulk of our work. We’ll look for you to easily plug into our day-to-day projects.
- Able to take a project from start to finish- from initial research, key frames, mood boards, storyboarding, and animatics, to final animation or edit, and delivery of assets.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible and helpful, able to multitask, self-starter.
- Able to export assets to specs provided by the client: digital, social, broadcast.
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future animation/adaptations/edits.
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities.