We’re looking for a Product Designer (5+ years relevant experience) to join our amazing team!
What you'll do:
In this role, you’ll help drive designs for large scale web and mobile platforms from conceptual development through final implementation. Along the way, the Product Designer works collaboratively with a team of designers and developers, seeking innovative and intuitive approaches to interaction design.
A strong portfolio of successful UX/UI designs and other technical projects is essential.
What you’ve done:
- Developed a highly efficient, iterative design process with light documentation to support your vision and create eye-catching visual design
- Taken responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience
- Crafted user interface elements, such as icons, controls, and data visualization
- Worked with designers to create cohesive, intuitive user experiences (validate designs in both low-fidelity and hi-fidelity prototypes)
- Gained experience in designing for both web and mobile
- Become expert at typesetting and typographic design skills
- Developed exceptional detail orientation while effectively managed your time and deadlines
- Maintained grace after the 10th round. Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions
- Become an expert in Sketch, Figma, photoshop and invision
- Continually updated your knowledge and skills
- Developed and promoted a grown-up attitude: we don’t do drama here ☺
Who you are:
Passionate about all things UX and UI, naturally! A well designed interactive experience makes your heart flutter. You love working collaboratively, owning and shaping the creation of your concepts. And you are a natural communicator whom colleagues genuinely enjoy working with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO and paid volunteer days
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.