We’re an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and
technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work to help brands work better, and our production roots ensure that every great idea gets delivered right. From branding & design, photoshoots and video production, e-commerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business. Oh, and we host a mean barbecue too.
We will be
An awesome place for you to grow and learn. We stay open-minded about ideas and make sure our technology is always up-to-date, because we believe the best work gets made when we evolve our skills together. thelab is large enough to get an amazing variety of work, but small enough to stay flexible and work with smaller brands and startups too—we even have a few products of our own. You’ll work on a lot of different kinds of projects, and you’ll do it with reasonable timelines, surrounded by an inclusive community who wants to see you succeed (no brogrammers, please!). And you’ll generally finish your day with plenty of time left over to meet your friends for a drink—or grab one with your new team.
What our interview process looks like:
- We’ll schedule an initial phone interview so we can get to know you, answer any questions you may have, and see if we might be a good fit for you and vice versa.
- At the onsite interview, we’re looking to understand your thinking process—not your knowledge of algorithms. That’s why we won’t be asking you to do whiteboard problems, but instead, we’ll ask you to explain your high-level approach to various problems and discuss the advantages/disadvantages of the technologies you know.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment—no lone wolf mentalities!
- Work together with a team to architect new projects
- Eager to help your teammates and pitch in to get the job done
- Be an effective code reviewer and pair programmer
- Not afraid to fail and always looking to learn from those failures
- Experienced with popular backend scripting languages like Python or Ruby and frameworks like Django or Rails
- Able to understand different approaches and comfortable using older tech when it’s a better fit
- Contribute to existing and new applications and microservices.
- Deploy and manage web services and infrastructure (DevOps) using Docker, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible