We are a creative production agency, which consists of developers, designers, writers, animators, inventors, technologists, producers, retouchers, artists, photographers, musicians, and new-media strategists working collaboratively on projects as varied as we are. We solve creative problems as a multi-disciplinary collective, and our unified goal is to make work for which both we and our clients can be fiercely proud. We rely on discipline, experimentation, perspective, and a good attitude as the key ingredients to a great creative product.
We’re looking for a Video Editor (+3 years relevant experience) to join our team in our NYC office. We are looking for a candidate that loves what they do, is excited about joining a growing team and most importantly is a pleasure to work with.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Digitizes and organizes all footage for use in videos
- Provides creative input on initial scripts and throughout post-production
- Selects the most effective shot of a scene in terms of look, story relevance or continuity
- Edit footage according to tight scripts and storyboards or loose production guidelines
- Addresses all agency and /or client cut changes throughout the approval process
- Responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
- Archives all footage at the wrap of each job
- Maintains all editing equipment, troubleshoots problems, and actively facilitates repairs
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations
- Owns any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor
- Some long hours and travel may be required
- Creative skills and ability to concept incorporating current technologies and creative forms
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production technology, including software and hardware
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible and helpful, able to multi-task, self-starter
- Solid communication skills and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Proficient in digital photo and video cameras and systems
- Competence with working in shared network environments and structured file systems
- 3-5 years of experience and/or training and highly skilled in digital editing systems.
- Competence in video editing systems including, but not limited to AfterEffects, FinalCut, Premiere, and related plug-ins and enhancement packages
- Working ability in Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends