Who is BrightLink?
BrightLink is a consultative, industry thought-leader offering services and technology for the professional credentialing industry. At our core, we are passionate about helping people better their lives through demonstration of skills. We build technology that delivers cognitive assessments and manages professional credentialing programs.
Who are we looking for?
BrightLink is looking for a Business Analyst to be the vital link between our customer needs, business objectives and software product capabilities. The BSA will embed on an agile scrum team and ensure the successful completion of a variety of software tasks, such as development, testing, and deployment.
In addition, we look for candidates who embrace our company core values. These core values reflect who we are, and provide both company-wide and individual guidance:
- Be remarkable
- Practice humble service
- Nurture enduring partnerships
- Always drive to deliver
- Seek pragmatic perfection
- Create positive personal growth
- Engage in camaraderie
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Discovering our existing core software product features and functionalities as a baseline for performing analysis with clients.
- Collaborating from the core product baseline with our clients to discover and clarify business value needs for feature and functionality requests.
- Documenting requirements, requests, and acceptance criteria with our clients.
- Creation of user stories and user acceptance criteria with engineers.
- Collaborating with our developers regarding client stated business value needs.
- Coordinating and facilitating joint discovery sessions with developers and clients and other stakeholders.
- Performing user acceptance testing with clients after engineering on requested features and functionality has been completed.
- Training our clients in best practices around the usage of new features and functionalities.
- Discovering and documenting best practices and new technologies for analysis.
- Keen intuition for asking questions in pursuit of emerging clarity with stakeholders
- Strong technical thinking, analytical, and conceptualization skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence others;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong time management and planning skills;
- Dedication to accurate and iterative documentation
- Experience with software development web-based applications, or similar systems
- Comfortability learning new technological tools
- Familiarity with Google Business Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Seasoned IT or Business professional with a minimum of 2-3 years business analysis experience;
- Preferred: 2 or more years experience in a software or technology-related context(s)
- Bachelor degree in a Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other STEM discipline or equivalent technical work experience required
- Experience with agile methodology and practices
- Experience with requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, and requirements management
- Business Analyst Certification preferred
- Direct customer interface experience (working with client directly on project tasks; managing client expectations)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Flexible Schedules
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment