BrightLink: Senior Software QA Engineer
BrightLink, the leader in Candidate & Credential Management software for the high-stakes assessment industry, is looking for a team member to help test our innovative solutions that create remarkable experiences for our clients. Working alongside other Software/QA Engineers, you will use your skills to identify and resolve issues before they reach production, thereby ensuring that our clients enjoy the highest quality software possible.
The ideal team member has mastery of testing fundamentals and is comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean development environment. The team member should be passionate about helping others, learning new technologies, leading a team by example, and thoroughly investigating problems.
Who is BrightLink?
Because we build technology for the professional credentialing industry, BrightLink sits in the crossroads between what people were and what they're going to become. We help individuals demonstrate value, articulate trustworthiness, and move to a new chapter of life. Simply put: We help people prove themselves worthy of opportunity.
What are our team’s core values?
- Be remarkable
- Practice humble service
- Nurture enduring partnerships
- Always drive to deliver
- Seek pragmatic perfection
- Create positive personal growth
- Engage in camaraderie
- 7+ years experience in professional software testing
- A passion for delivering quality solutions to clients
- Experience with testing web-based, SaaS applications
- Experience with automated testing suites, including the writing of test scripts
- Mastery of browser-based debugging tools (Chrome Developer Tools, Firebug, etc.)
- The ability to write SQL queries to verify/modify data
- A strong desire to learn and improve the quality of your craftsmanship
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- The ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Comfortable investing in junior team members, promoting a healthy testing culture, and leading by example
- The following are not required, but would be highly preferred:
- BS in CS/CmpE or a related field
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of our products in order to most effectively probe for problems
- Use a creative, adversarial, detail-oriented approach to aggressively test our products in order to identify issues
- Generate thorough test plans and create well-documented bug reports
- Utilize tools in order to increase our automation footprint, thereby testing things faster and more effectively
- Communicate frequently and effectively with developers and team members regarding your findings
- Be an advocate for both the user and the software by passionately championing for bugs to be fixed
- Continuously evaluate and improve the status of our testing strategy, including the leveraging of test frameworks and tools
- Have direct input into release schedules and launch decisions
- Constantly pursue knowledge, and seek to improve your skills and technical professionalism
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment