Who is BrightLink?
BrightLink is a consultative, industry thought-leader offering services and technology for the professional credentialing industry. At our core, we are passionate about helping people better their lives through demonstration of skills. We build technology that delivers cognitive assessments and manages professional credentialing programs.
Who are we looking for?
BrightLink is looking for an experienced Product Owner to help build innovative solutions that create remarkable experiences for our clients.
The ideal team member is skilled in leading a team and is comfortable working in an Agile/Lean development environment. This team member should have the ability and passion to learn new technologies. Career paths for successful team members will be available in this growing organization.
Additionally, we look for candidates who embrace our company core values. These Core Values reflect who we are, and provide both company-wide and individual guidance:
- Be remarkable
- Practice humble service
- Nurture enduring partnerships
- Always drive to deliver
- Seek pragmatic perfection
- Create positive personal growth
- Engage in camaraderie
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a prioritized product backlog for the Agile Team that aligns with business strategy/objectives
- Prepare collaborative design meeting materials (such as: existing functionality documentation, mockups, initial user story drafts, etc.)
- Lead collaborative design meetings and facilitate solutions amongst the full Agile Team
- Explain, clarify, and reinforce business needs to the Agile Team
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria based on team solutions
- Act as a proxy for clients and end-users to the Agile Team
- Lead the UAT process with clients, or act as the internal client if no external stakeholders are identified
- Generate release notes and perform deployment planning
- Provide status of project health and progress to the business
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3 - 7 years of direct experience in a Product Owner role
- Experience as a PO for a SaaS product will be considered a plus
- CSPO certification will be considered a plus
Core Functional Skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- Desire to create order and proactively communicate status
- Ability to understand and communicate software development methodology
- Interest in helping stakeholders building new capabilities
- Ability to communicate with a cross-functional team
- Strong internal drive to deliver on commitments
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health Insurance
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Flexible Schedules
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment