BrightLink: Software Engineer
BrightLink, the leader in Candidate & Credential Management software for the high-stakes assessment industry, is looking for a team member to help build innovative solutions that create remarkable experiences for our clients.
The ideal team member is skilled in computer science and engineering fundamentals and is comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean development environment. The team member should be passionate about helping others, learning new technologies, and solving problems.
Who is BrightLink?
Because we build technology for the professional credentialing industry, BrightLink sits in the crossroads between what people were and what they're going to become. We help individuals demonstrate value, articulate trustworthiness, and move to a new chapter of life. Simply put: We help people prove themselves worthy of opportunity.
What are our team’s core values?
- Be remarkable
- Practice humble service
- Nurture enduring partnerships
- Always drive to deliver
- Seek pragmatic perfection
- Create positive personal growth
- Engage in camaraderie
- BS in CS/CmpE or a related field
- 3+ years experience in professional software development
- Experience working with the following:
- Full-stack, web-based application development
- Object-oriented programming
- Relational databases, including broad SQL expertise and schema design experience
- A strong desire to learn and improve the quality of your craftsmanship
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- The ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with any of the following things will be a plus:
- Agile/Scrum/Lean development practices
- Build planned software features, tools, and new products within a Scrum/Lean environment in collaboration with team members and stakeholders
- Write high-quality, testable software that is scalable, robust and maintainable
- Craft remarkable, high-performance user interfaces
- Work together with our Quality Assurance Engineers to identify and fix bugs
- Collaborate with other engineers on matters of architecture and solution design
- Participate in early-stage product design when appropriate
- Constantly pursue knowledge, and seek to improve your skills and technical professionalism
- Share best practices and new technologies with the team and apply them to your work
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment