Who is BrightLink?
BrightLink is a consultative, industry thought-leader offering services and technology for the professional credentialing industry. At our core, we are passionate about helping people better their lives through demonstration of skills. We build technology that delivers cognitive assessments and manages professional credentialing programs.
Who are we looking for?
BrightLink is looking for a team member to help test our innovative solutions that create remarkable experiences for our clients. Working alongside the Development Team and other Quality Assurance Team members, you will use your skills to identify and resolve issues before they reach production, thereby ensuring that our clients enjoy the highest quality software possible.
The ideal team member is skilled in testing fundamentals and is comfortable working in an Agile/Lean development environment. This team member should have the ability and passion to learn new technologies. Career paths for successful team members will be available in this growing organization.
· Be remarkable
· Practice humble service
· Nurture enduring partnerships
· Always drive to deliver
· Seek pragmatic perfection
· Create positive personal growth
· Engage in camaraderie
- 3+ years experience in professional software testing
- A passion for delivering quality solutions to clients
- A strong desire to learn and improve the quality of your craftsmanship
- A sense of ownership, urgency, and personal pride in your work
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- BS in CS/CmpE or a related field
- Experience in testing web-based, SaaS applications
- Experience with automated testing suites, including the writing of test scripts
- Experience with browser-based debugging tools (Chrome Developer Tools, Firebug, etc.)
- Ability to write SQL queries to verify/modify data
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
- Be responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the quality of our software
- Constantly pursue knowledge and seek to improve your skills and technical professionalism
- Maintain a detailed understanding of our products in order to most effectively probe for problems
- Use a creative, adversarial, detail-oriented approach to aggressively test our products in order to identify issues
- Generate thorough test plans and create well-documented bug reports
- Communicate frequently and effectively with developers and team members regarding your findings
- Be an advocate for both the user and the software by aggressively pushing for bugs to be fixed
- Continuously evaluate and improve the status of our testing strategy, including the leveraging of test frameworks and tools
- Have direct input into release schedules and launch decisions
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days & PTO
- Health Insurance
- Discounted Company Cell Phone Plan
- Reading Reward Program
- Quarterly Team / Company Activities
- Flexible Schedules
- Personal or Professional Growth Conference Stipends
- Friday Family Lunches for You, Your Spouse and Children
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Recess - Everyday!
- Awesome, Collaborative and Open Work Environment