We’re looking for an approachable, pragmatic, relational, results-focused, experienced and entrepreneurial strategist to bring clients a unique approach to innovation. This is a full-time gig, based in Chicago, IL. While most of the clients you’ll work with are HQ’d in the midwest, this role does involve 25-35% travel.
What you’ll do:
- Design and Lead Innovation engagements for Fortune 1000 client teams (There’s a case story attached for the type of project you’ll be leading!)
- Clarify the business challenge
- Design & propose and align with the client team on a smart solution
- Lead the team through research, idea generation and idea development and add value throughout the engagement
- Build business by networking and pitching business with prospective clients and building relationships with current clients
- Coach and develop Research Consultants and sub-contracted Strategists and Writers that join the team for specific project engagements
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- Projects are efficient and profitable
- Clients that come back because of the value we add (for their business, their organization, and for them personally)
- We continue to develop new methods/approaches to innovation challenges
- The ideas we help our clients develop make it to market successfully
Things we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial — get things done; take smart risks; try new approaches
- Mandatory: 6-10 years Client Side Marketing, Market Research, Innovation or Brand Strategy Project Leadership in CPG, Food/Bev, Retail or Apparel
- Problem Solving/connecting dots in new ways/analog thinking
- Proposal/Report writing — succinct, business focused, relevant, “sales-ready”
- Strong attention to detail/excellence
- Mindset of being Pro-active vs. reactive
- Acts as an “owner” of both our business and our clients’ business
We’re on a mission. A mission to enable corporate teams and brands to innovate and grow like startups.
And, we’re excited about the growth we’re experiencing and the opportunity we have to add great talent to our team! We’re looking for a few trail-blazing, super smart and fun-to-be-around people to join our team! We’re looking for folks that are quick to embrace change, challenge and opportunity.
Here’s how we’d describe you: You recognize an inefficiency; can define problems well; and then proactively set out to solve them in uber-smart ways. Jumping in to a new space, a new approach or a new constraint gives you energy. If there’s not an existing path, you create one. True partnership with a client team means you equally “own” the integrity of business decisions they are making, and you take that seriously. You strive for pragmatic excellence in everything you do. You learn fast, pay attention to details, invest in relationships and you recognize opportunities to add value for clients, co-workers and anyone else whose path crosses with yours. And, you easily and readily access a bank of experience and knowledge built from curiosity, adventure, hard work and as many failures as successes.
Bonus if you have a Spotify slow jams playlist and think coffee should be it’s own food group.
If you’re interested in this role, attach your resume and include a note telling us why and how you’d be a great fit. Additionally, please include a video that is 2-minutes or less (taken with your phone is fine–doesn’t need to be fancy!) telling us what you think it means to be entrepreneurial. BONUS: At the end of the video, tell us your favorite karaoke song and give us a ten-second clip of you singing your favorite part of the song. (Yes, we’re serious.) ****** The easiest way to do this is to upload your video to a private YouTube channel and then insert the link in our online application.