We’re looking for a curious learner who wants to jump into projects, find ways to add value and build experience. An ability to learn quickly, apply lessons from the past, and an eagerness to dive in and figure-things-out-as-you-go are key requirements for this role. This is a full-time gig based in Cincinnati. While most of the clients you’ll work with are HQ’d in the Midwest, this role does involve 20-30% travel.
2 or more years of experience in product development, innovation, brand development, brand building, go-to-market strategies, client relationship management, capability building, workshop facilitation, or other similar background welcomed.
What you’ll do:
- Engage and enable clients by participating in the design of Innovation initiatives for Fortune 1000 client teams
- Support Lead Strategist with overall project design and execution for Fortune 1000 clients, including report creation, developing trainings, pre-session prep, research facilitation, co-leading client sessions
- Facilitate project qualitative research (don’t worry, we’ll show you the ropes, you just need a willingness to grow and learn). This includes working with our 3rd party vendors on recruiting, research logistics, leading trend and analog research projects under the direction of our Research Subject Matter Expert by collecting input, finding themes, bringing learning to life with visuals and verbatim quotes
- Be proactive in staying up on industry trends, client industries, and new strategy methodologies
- Check out more of our thinking to see what an example of the types of projects you'll have a key role on!
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- Team recognizes the value you bring through your hustle, willingness to learn, positive attitude, humility, team-player, willingness to go above and beyond, and authenticity
- Research is meeting the needs of the client, driving new ideas, answering key questions
- Clients come back because of the value we add (for their business, their organization, and for them personally) and because of their experience of professionalism, clear communication, and stellar deliverables provided by our team
- The ideas we help our clients develop make it to market successfully
- We continue to develop new methods/approaches to innovation challenges
Things we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial — get things done; take smart risks; try new approaches
- Knowledge of CPG and/or Food/Bev business a plus
- Some market research experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in product development, brand building, go-to-market strategies, client relationship management, workshop facilitation or other related activities
- Problem Solving/connecting dots in new ways/analog thinking
- Proposal/Report writing — succinct, business focused, relevant, “sales-ready”
- Strong attention to detail/excellence
- Mindset of being Pro-active vs. reactive
- Acts as an “owner” of both our business and our clients’ business
We’re on a mission. A mission to enable corporate teams and brands to innovate and grow like startups.
And, we’re excited about the growth we’re experiencing and the opportunity we have to add great talent to our team! We’re looking for a few trail-blazing, super smart and fun-to-be-around people to join our team! We’re looking for folks that are quick to embrace change, challenge and opportunity.
Here’s how we’d describe you: You recognize an inefficiency; can define problems well; and then proactively set out to solve them in uber-smart ways. Jumping in to a new space, a new approach or a new constraint gives you energy. If there’s not an existing path, you create one. True partnership with a client team means you equally “own” the integrity of business decisions they are making, and you take that seriously. You strive for pragmatic excellence in everything you do. You learn fast, pay attention to details, invest in relationships and you recognize opportunities to add value for clients, co-workers and anyone else whose path crosses with yours. And, you easily and readily access a bank of experience and knowledge built from curiosity, adventure, hard work and as many failures as successes.
Bonus if you have a Spotify slow jams playlist and think coffee should be it’s own food group.
If you’re interested in this role, attach your resume and include a note telling us why and how you’d be a great fit. Additionally, please include a video that is 2-minutes or less (taken with your phone is fine–doesn’t need to be fancy!) telling us what you think it means to be entrepreneurial. BONUS: At the end of the video, tell us your favorite karaoke song and give us a ten-second clip of you singing your favorite part of the song. (Yes, we’re serious.) ****** The easiest way to do this is to upload your video to a private YouTube channel and then insert the link in our online application.