About the company:
TetraScience is a Boston-based cloud and data integration startup founded by former researchers from Harvard and MIT to build the Digital Lab of the future.
By providing the scientific community with a range of advanced capabilities that enable easy access to real-time actionable scientific data, we seek to facilitate collaboration, accelerate discovery, and enhance and extend human life.
In the last few years, we have built the best cloud-based Wi-Fi Lab Monitoring and Instruments Scheduling solution dedicated to Life Science currently existing in the market.
- With Lab Monitoring, research organizations connect their existing lab instruments and sensors to a single online dashboard where they can monitor equipment parameters and detect deviation remotely.
- With Instruments Scheduling, scientists and lab managers can more efficiently plan the utilization of shared lab resources and plan for capital expenditure.
With the insights and extra control provided by TetraScience, research organizations can more intelligently plan for future research cycles, alleviating equipment and process bottlenecks. In short, our goal at TetraScience is to use IoT and cloud to reduce the cost of doing science and while simultaneously increasing researcher efficiency overall.
Our solution is deployed in pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the US and has allowed our customers to accelerate discovery while saving millions of dollars related to manual labor and material losses. We also partner with instrument manufacturers that want to bring their products to the cloud.
About the role:
As a QA & Product Engineer, you will lead the effort to test and manage a product that has already reached product-market fit and help take it to the next level. In the upcoming years, we plan to add various compliance and enterprise features, support integrations with the top 3 brands of CO2 incubators and cold storage, and introduce predictive maintenance.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Validation of the software and driving the overall testing strategy
- Product ownership for the Lab Monitoring and Scheduling product lines
- Converting customer feedback and support tickets into technical requirements for the engineering team
- Collaboration with the engineering team to spec out tickets and plan sprints
- Prioritization of the backlog, bugs, and PIs
- Documentation of product features and releases
- Collaboration with Sales and Customer Support to assess ongoing customer needs and address them via the product roadmap
This role reports directly to the Co-Founder and General Manager of the Lab Operations product line. You will be part of a small and passionate startup team and will see the impact of your work on all our customers on a daily basis.
Desired Experience and Skills
- 2-4 years in Customer Support, Product Specialist, or QA role, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in Jira and knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Professional exposure to Product Ownership and/or Product Management.
- Interest and excitement for the life science / pharma / biotech industry.
- Collaborative spirit. You will be working cross-functionally with stakeholders in Sales, Customer Support, and Engineering to gather and address user requirements.
- Attention to detail. We offer a full end to end solution from live streaming of sensor data to robust alerting. There are many moving parts that needed to be tested thoroughly to ensure continuous alert coverage for our customers.
- Ownership of responsibilities. This is a unique opportunity to own and independently manage a robust product with a large existing customer base.
- Ruthless prioritization. As a monitoring and alerting tool, our customers are highly engaged and there are many different ideas and inputs. This role requires the ability to triage support and feature requests to deliver solutions that continuously drive value and results.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in early-stage software companies
- Previous experience in enterprise B2B environment
- Previous experience in a product owner or product manager role
- Previous experience in the life science industry
- Previous experience with 21 CFR part 11 compliance
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Generous PTO
- Great office space in Downtown Crossing—close to the Red, Orange, Blue, Silver and Green Lines, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options
- Catered team lunch every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity at an extremely fast-growing company