TetraScience is a cloud-based data platform for Life Science R&D. We are providing the biotech and pharmaceutical industry with two products, a Data Integration Engine, used to centralize and standardize scientific data to facilitate collaboration and accelerate discovery, and the Lab Monitoring platform, an Internet-of-Things platform built for lab managers and scientists who need to monitor equipment in real time and receive notification when deviations occur.
TetraScience is currently seeking an Installation and Field Service Technician for our Lab Monitoring Platform. In this role, you will leverage your technical skills and customer facing experience to deliver the Lab Monitoring and data capture technology to all our biotech and pharmaceutical customers. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, technical aptitude and basic computer system troubleshooting skills, although system-specific training will be provided. Technician responsibilities will be primarily those outlined below, but our ideal candidate is also motivated to introduce new processes or solutions to improve our product and branch out to other areas where the need/opportunity arises.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer facing job
- 1-3 years of experience working in scientific laboratories, preferably biotech/pharmaceutical lab
- Ability to use technical knowledge and follow provided troubleshooting guides to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner
- Enjoys interacting with customers
- High school diploma required, associates’ degree or higher in STEM field preferred
- Install new TetraScience Lab Monitoring system hardware at customer sites
- Set up new customer accounts and train customers to use Lab Monitoring Platform dashboard
- Perform onsite hardware testing and troubleshooting
- Perform device health checks for installed devices on a regular schedule
- Communicate customer feedback to internal stakeholders
- Travel to Bay Area customer sites is required
- A culture of continuous improvement.
- Generous PTO package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast-growing company
This position would be remote -- the technician would be based in the SF Bay Area. We are looking for a part-time (hourly) hire currently, but as our business expands into the West Coast, we plan to hire for a full time role.