At TerraTrue, we’re building the future of privacy and security. Our tools empower teams to work privacy and security into the software-development lifecycle, while at the same time accelerating execution and innovation. We’re doing all that as an early-stage company thanks to our passion, our know-how, and the help of impossibly talented people.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for privacy experts who share our passion, our pride in ego-less collaboration, and our drive to build incredible things. But that’s not all. We’re building a company where collegiality, respect, and good old-fashioned generosity of spirit are non-negotiable traits. After all, the only way we know how to build products that let other teams thrive is by building a company where our own team thrives.
You thrive on making privacy impossibly simple to understand, even for complete neophytes. In this role, you’ll leverage your privacy expertise to design products that delight lawyers and product managers alike and empower organizations of all sizes to set up a privacy-by-design program in an instant. Reporting to our Head of Privacy, you’ll need to think creatively about how to seamlessly integrate privacy into companies’ development cycles and help us imagine innovative ways for teams to confidently cinch privacy risks without impeding innovation itself. Ideally, people would think of you as a thought leader in privacy, but you’d be too modest (and slightly abashed) to ever call yourself that. In this role, you’ll work closely with TerraTrue designers, product leads, and engineers to rapidly and pragmatically dream up products that respond to the needs of our customers and an ever-changing regulatory landscape. You’ll also help manage the inner workings of TerraTrue’s own privacy program.
- Deep knowledge of privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and industry best practices
- Ability to clearly explain complex privacy issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Two years of experience counseling fast-moving companies on privacy matters and how to implement and maintain a privacy-by-design program
- Ability to think creatively and help build scalable products that our customers can trust to help them conquer privacy
- JD degree
- Three or more years of in-house experience implementing and maintaining a global privacy program
- Experience working with teams to develop and maintain software in enterprise or end-user facing products
While TerraTrue is just getting started, we’re wise beyond our years when it comes to knowing how important it is to have a vibrant workplace teeming with diverse views, experiences, perspectives, and pretty much all that defines us as uniquely human. That’s why, from the get-go, we’re committed to being an equal opportunity employer that provides employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, religion, color, ancestry, religion, sex, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.