Teradek, a Vitec Group brand, manufactures wireless video devices for remote video capture, live ENG backhaul, real-time monitoring, proxy recording and webcasting. For complex IP video systems, Teradek's cloud-based management platform allows users to remotely operate a fleet of Teradek encoders in real-time from anywhere in the world. All Teradek products are designed and manufactured in the USA.
We are a fast-paced development and manufacturing company, looking for A-players that are self-motivated and bring a can-do attitude.
We take great pride in our capacity for innovation, and in the "can do" attitude of our team members. If you love working on fun projects big and small, are excited about finding solutions to problems, this is the place for you. We are looking for a few exceptional engineers who love what they do and want to work with others who are just as passionate about engineering.
- Review project specifications to understand the systems requirements of the project, system architecture and design.
- Design, develop, and test Teradek codec products.
- Work with RF team to understand the applications and provide the most effective solutions to product requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues to identify origin
- Document issues in issue tracking system
- Fix bugs where appropriate
- Participate in code reviews
- BSEE, MSEE, BSCS, or MSCS (transcripts required)
- 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience developing software and porting open source software for embedded Linux platforms
- Software development proficiency in C or C++
- Experience developing applications or drivers for USB host-side or device-side.
- Experience with software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols
- Experience with 802.11 wireless networking
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, file-systems, boot process, or driver architecture
- Understanding of processor and hardware requirements around embedded Linux
- Knowledge of ARM (Cortex-M) processor architectures
- Experience developing video or audio processing products
- Experience with video/audio codecs, video/audio file containers, or streaming protocols
- Experience with video frameworks such as GStreamer, FFMPEG