The technical support team member provides the customer with consultation, training, troubleshooting, and problem-solving to SmallHD customers and customers of our sister companies (Teradek, Wooden Camera) both prior to and after a product purchase as well as works as a liaison between other departments and the end-user. This support extends to hardware, software and services developed by SmallHD. The nature of our products requires someone with a strong film industry/ audio and video technology (AV) background & knowledge base. This individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly express and comprehend complex ideas through the customer medium of choice, including phone, online chat, email, forums, personal interactions and web-based ticket systems.
Our customers work in a wide range of industries, around the world, under tight deadlines and have varying technical backgrounds; a friendly, positive, and energetic attitude is required to patiently explain concepts, keep a cool head under pressure and troubleshoot issues.
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to different scenarios, requiring good communication skills with individuals of all levels.
· Provide technical support to customers through a thorough understanding of SmallHD products, related services and technology, and customer and industry workflows.
· Identify and address complex usability problems which can involve SmallHD-manufactured products as well as third party products and services.
· Implement methodologies to improve first call/contact resolution.
· Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to help provide excellent pre-sales / product evaluation support, including educating customers about terminology, new and previously available product features and benefits in a timely manner.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with existing customers to help generate repeat sales, issue resolutions and positive customer experience.
· Review customer requests for returns/repairs; provide accurate information regarding product returns, concerns, requests and failures to internal groups within SmallHD.
· Identify, document and escalate customer issues to appropriate internal team members.
· Perform ongoing testing on new and previously released products, firmware, and evaluation of all customer- facing documentation, as well as beta testing of products prior to release.
· Perform other related duties when assigned.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Skills and abilities necessary to fulfill technical support functions using CRM systems – troubleshooting.
· Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical customers at various levels in a variety of situations.
· Knowledge of consumer operating systems and equipment used in the industry.
· Passion for providing an excellent customer service experience paired with the personal drive to go the extra mile to ensure that customers are happy with the brand even if facing difficulties.
· Ability to adapt, be a creative problem solver and team player.
· Strong communication skills both in email and by phone (verbal).
· Familiar with the image workflow, formats of camera systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Film, Television Production or parallel field experience preferred
· Experience with and/or strong interest in filmmaking, audio and video standards, technology and equipment.
· Familiarity with video and photo capture equipment especially in the cinema or broadcasting fields
· Customer or technical support experience.
· Knowledge of industry trends and new equipment on the market.
· Video film making, photography, on-set or studio experience a plus
· Passion for helping people and solving problems
· Xtuple, Zendesk, MS Office, Gsuite, Slack experience helpful