We are looking for a strong Quality Assurance Engineer who will be assisting us in the creation of robust tools that enable our development team to do their best work. The ideal fit for our team is someone who enjoys the development experience and streamlining processes with the ability to recommend improvements.
The role will be responsible for QA testing duties on a variety of customer-facing broadcast solutions and streaming applications, web services, and mobile applications. This position will work on projects throughout their life-cycle and will work with various departments, thus strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Develop test scenarios, use cases and test procedures to properly and rigorously test the system requirements and functionality per system requirements.
- Review project specifications to understand the systems requirements of the project, system architecture and design
- Work with Software and Hardware development teams to define test setups
- Perform tests and validation of network video equipment operation and performance on software engineering and official builds
- Validate issues reported by customers and stakeholders
- Develop automation tools in coordination with the development team to resolve issues
- Perform software integration and troubleshooting of multiple applications involved in the projects under test
- Identify, analyze and document defects discovered during testing
- Work with the development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Generate test reports to document all test results
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related degree.
- 2+ years of QA and development environments experience
- Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
- Experience with video and streaming technologies, two-way audio, two-way streaming, transmitters, and/or encoders
- Experience with LINUX based systems
- Must demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Awareness of Agile methodologies, experience working in Agile projects and with related tools a plus
- Programming experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills