Teradek, a Vitec Group brand, manufactures wireless video devices for remote video capture, live ENG backhaul, real-time monitoring, proxy recording and webcasting. For complex IP video systems, Teradek's cloud-based management platform allows users to remotely operate a fleet of Teradek encoders in real-time from anywhere in the world. All Teradek products are designed and manufactured in the USA.
We are a fast-paced development and manufacturing company, looking for A-players that are self motivated and bring a can-do attitude.
We take great pride in our capacity for innovation, and in the "can do" attitude of our team members. If you love working on fun projects big and small, are excited about finding solutions to problems, this is the place for you. We are looking for a few exceptional engineers who love what they do and want to work with others who are just as passionate about engineering.
- Participate in the full software development process including concept, requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Participate in the design, coding, and testing of software for Teradek products
- Work with Hardware team to bring up and make hardware components work
- Work with Support team to troubleshoot and fix issues from customers
- Work with QA team to fix issues in development
- Document software designs, component and architecture.
- Experience building firmware using a software development process
- Must have experience with C, Linux and networking
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Lua, Python and shell script
- Experience with TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Knowledge of ARM microprocessor architectures
- Knowledge of compression technologies such as H.264, H.265, AV1 a plus
- Knowledge of streaming protocols such as MPEG-TS, RTMP, RTSP, SRT, ZiXi a plus
- Knowledge of video technology such as HDMI, SDI, 4K a plus
- Knowledge of wireless networking such as WIFI and Bluetooth
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (Scrum)
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with issue and project tracking systems
- Experience in highly hardware-centric, real time, embedded environments
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- BS/MS in CS, EE or CE