The Data Engineering team is responsible for data quality, analysis and creation of intelligent models for autonomous systems.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Work with large, complex real time data sets from autonomous vehicles. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, from various data acquisition systems on the car.
- Prototype and build data analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights on data from various sensors
- Build and backtest models for autonomous systems data
Experience with the following is highly valuable but not required. Interest and eagerness to figure out how things really work (or not!) is more important.
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science, or related hard science (physics, biology, statistics) field preferred but not required.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Julia, MATLAB, pandas), database languages (e.g., SQL) and data science environments like Tensorflow or R/Spark.
- 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, etc