With more than 300m monthly users and 9 billion monthly GIF searches, Tenor is the largest & fastest growing mobile GIF platform and search engine. In a world that largely operates through texts and social media messages, Tenor adds important context to these conversations by helping people communicate their mood & personality with GIFs. Tenor powers GIFs within the largest messaging apps and social platforms, including Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Kik, iMessage, Google Gboard and many more. Tenor also has the #1 GIF sharing app on iOS, and a rapidly growing branded GIF program with companies like Dunkin Donuts, Nissan, AT&T, and Wendy’s.
Tenor is seeking an operationally-minded Communications Manager join our growing San Francisco Communications team. This role will report to the Head of Communications, and will work closely with both internal parties & external PR partners to raise the profile of Tenor within business, consumer and tech audiences, and make sure our small-yet-mighty team runs smoothly.
- Work with internal Tenor stakeholders to identify compelling stories, and see them through to exposure on the appropriate owned or earned media channel
- Management of & support for advertising, entertainment, tech, business and consumer announcements
- Management and coordination with external PR partners
- Media relations
- Speaking engagement placement and key award submissions
- Executive & messaging prep for media interviews
- Support for various other comms activities
- Degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- 4+ years of PR agency experience (in house experience is a big plus)
- Process-driven & highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Solid understanding of what makes a great story, and how to package it for the media
- Established media relationships across tech & business press
- Strong writing & proofreading skills
- Creative, with a good “nose” for a story
- Excellent people skills, team-oriented and collaborative
- Must have an opinion, and be willing to voice it!