Tenor Inc. is seeking an experienced Data Engineer with a real passion for converting data into relevant and actionable information. We are creating an emotional search engine that enables our 300 million monthly active users to visually communicate emotions or ideas that they might not have been able to express via text or through a messaging platform.
As a rapidly growing organization your code will serve as the glue that enables a wide variety of internal teams to access reliable and actionable data. You'll also work collaboratively with our product and development teams to productize insights derived from their analysis.
Your end goal is to own, architect, and maintain Tenor’s data pipelines. Your systems will have a real time impact on the day to day operations of our organization and will directly impact our end goal: to help our users get the right GiF as fast as possible. You will both resolve problems and teach people how to resolve their own problems (and also possess the wisdom and know-how on which approach is most appropriate). You display the people skills necessary to collaborate across teams, analytical skills and programming skills to understand data and automate the process of arriving at insights.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a software engineer
- Experience building data models, infrastructure, and ETL pipelines for reporting, analytics, and data science
- Experience with AWS - including EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, and Redshift
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database query performance
- Knowledge of spark, prestodb, hive, and mapreduce/hadoop is preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis packages (SAS, R, python/pandas/numpy) a plus
- Loves open source software, ships reliable code, and is serious about security
What We're Building
Tenor (formerly Riffsy) helps people find the right GIF at the right moment. In a world that now largely operates via texts, social media messages, DMs and Slack channels, it can be hard to articulate exactly what you mean with keystrokes alone. Tenor’s GIF Keyboard makes it easy for people to visually express what’s on their mind.
Beyond Tenor's GIF Keyboard, we extend our mobile-focused experience through our API, powering GIF sharing for partners like Facebook Messenger, Google’s G Board, LinkedIn, Kik, Kika, LinkedIn & Vodafone. Together across Tenor's offerings, hundreds of millions of users perform billions of searches every month for GIFs and videos from the world’s greatest content creators