Sales Manager (Account Executive) - East Coast
Tenor is looking for a Sales Manager (Account Executive) with 3-5+ years of sales experience. The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining advertiser relationships with marketers/agencies and must have experience in sales, business development, and/or partnership building. The ideal candidate should have revenue building experience, be a natural at reaching out to potential business partners and should have some experience negotiating complex business deals.
- Manage full lifecycle partner development and on-boarding - from reaching out, to negotiating and closing deals, to going live with the partner
- Introduce potential business deals, including sourcing and searching for new opportunities
- Conduct meetings with deft command and make effective sales presentations to both small and large groups
- Manage inbound requests and growing inbound interest
- Organize and participate in developer/partner community events, forums, and meetups
- Cold calling, building relationships and understanding the needs of each client are critical.
- Develop marketing materials and presentations for outreach and partner meetings
- Intimate understanding of all advertising options offered by Tenor
- Familiarity with industry usage of the medium overall, as well as capabilities of particular clients and competitors
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
Candidates are expected to have the following skills/experience:
- 3-5+ years in sales or advertising
- Multitasking and managing numerous relationships with partners
- Able to work well cross-functionally
- Understanding of new business deals and partnership structures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain new relationships
Bonus Points if you have:
- BA/BS in Communication, Business, Marketing or other related field
- Ability to leverage pre-existing contacts/network
- Sales, sales management, marketing or advertising agency experience
What We're Building
Tenor (formerly Riffsy) helps people find the right GIF at the right moment. In a world that now largely operates via texts, social media messages, DMs and Slack channels, it can be hard to articulate exactly what you mean with keystrokes alone. Tenor’s GIF Keyboard makes it easy for people to visually express what’s on their mind.
Beyond Tenor's GIF Keyboard, we extend our mobile-focused experience through our API, powering GIF sharing for partners like Facebook Messenger, Google’s G Board, LinkedIn, Kik, Kika, LinkedIn & Vodafone. Together across Tenor's offerings, hundreds of millions of users perform billions of searches every month for GIFs and videos from the world’s greatest content creators.
The company is based in San Francisco, and is backed by Redpoint and Menlo Ventures.