This position is located in Dublin, Ireland.
We are a next-generation telecoms provider, headquartered in Chicago, IL with a second office in Dublin, Ireland. We have built a private global network for high-quality calls, messaging and data that can be configured via a self-service portal. The legacy public telephone network is limited and static, while our vision and mission is universal, internet-enabled communications. We empower our customers to be their own carriers and build quality communication services that leverage our infrastructure. With in-house-built software solutions, our engineers are constantly innovating and solving problems, but they aren’t the only ones!
As a Product Support Engineer, you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology. You are a problem solver looking for a challenge in a dynamic work environment. You have a deep understanding of Telnyx API’s and services we offer. You collaborate with our customers, business teams, and development teams, continually building upon and applying our deep technical knowledge and skills across our product suite at every level.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and make a difference in a growing, innovative company. As part of your role, you will monitor the network to handle any critical alerts in an efficient and timely manner. You will troubleshoot quickly and efficiently, providing information and solutions to customers and do so with the highest standards of professional customer service.
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
- Continually looking to solve problems
- Understand issues and requirements well in order to provide solutions.
- Outgoing and socially interactive
- A team player looking to assist at any moment and to take the initiative.
- Balancing daily workload
- Multi-tasker who can effectively prioritize work.
What we value:
- Networking knowledge
- IP, NAT, SIP, Proxies, TCP, UDP, TLS, RTP
- Wireshark knowledge
- Understanding of tshark, wireshark, tcpdump, dumpcap, mergecap
- Linux knowledge
- General bash commands– ps, htop, ssh, scp, ls, chmod, chown, pipes
- Understanding of Unix-like operating system’s file structure
Technologies we use:
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.