This role is based out of our Chicago, IL office. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office.
- Handling of tier 2 network support, maintenance and repair events including managing the day-to-day health of an IP/MPLS backbone infrastructure, new customer activations, and tiered internal support.
- Resolution of escalated network related tickets, and highly technical customer requests.
- Establishing and maintaining a uptime records, monitoring network health, handling both planned and unplanned network events.
- Working collaboratively with the NOC and product engineering teams.
- CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience configuring and implementing Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP)
- Demonstrated experience managing office networks
- Applied understanding of network security (ACL management, IPSEC, Client VPN)
- Expert knowledge of IP networking
- Comfort and efficiency working with Linux
Nice to have
- Experience with Service Provider technologies (BGP, MPLS, L3/L2 VPN, NSP, ISP)
- Practical knowledge of automation toolsets and languages such as Ansible, Jinja, Python, YAML etc
- Experience with open source platforms such as Quagga, BIRD and OpenBSD
- Familiarity with container networking and bash scripting