This role is located in our Dublin, Ireland office. You must be able to work from Dublin in order to be considered for this role.
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network engineering team.
- Serve as senior level escalation point for network engineers response and resolution of operational issues.
- Deliver best-in-class network availability, resiliency and performance, leveraging state-of-the-art service provider technologies such as BGP, MPLS, L3/L2 VPN, NSP, ISP
- Manage the design and implementation of critical network communication infrastructure with a focus on voice
- Recommend resources required to maintain and expand service levels
- Collaboratively resolve complex systems, security and networking problems utilizing expertise in field concepts, practices and procedures
- Perform advanced network monitoring, diagnosis and support tasks
- Automate network deployments with the goal of Zero Touch Provisioning
- Leadership / architectural experience in managing a Global IP Backbone
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing metropolitan and wide area networks.
- Minimum CCNP, JNCIS, or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of IP networking
- Experience in building automation solutions designed to generate configurations and deploy to network infrastructure
- Extensive experience configuring and implementing Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Applied understanding of network security (ACL management, IPSEC, Client VPN)
- Solid understanding of L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering
- Comfort and efficiency working with Linux
Nice to have
- CCIE level equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience with BGP in an ISP or Service Provider environment
- Experience with automation deployment methods such as NAPALM or Ansible modules for Cisco and Juniper
- Practical knowledge of automation toolsets and languages such as Ansible, Jinja, Python, YAML etc
- Experience with open source platforms such as Quagga, BIRD and OpenBSD
- Familiarity with container networking and bash scripting