This role is located in our Chicago, USA office. You must be able to work from Chicago in order to be considered for this role.
Be the backbone of Networking @ Telnyx with a team spread across our many timezones.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage the design and implementation of critical network communication infrastructure with a focus on voice
- Provide level 2 / 3 network support to the business
- Recommend resources required to maintain and expand service levels
- Collaboratively resolve complex systems, security and networking problems utilizing expertise in field concepts, practices and procedures
- Perform advanced network monitoring, diagnosis and support tasks
- Automate network deployments with the goal of Zero Touch Provisioning
You May Be Fit For This Role If You:
- Have 5+ years experience in managing a Global IP Backbone
- Have a minimum of CCNP, JNCIS, or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Have expert knowledge of IP networking
- Have experience in building automation solutions designed to generate configurations and deploy to network infrastructure
- Have extensive experience configuring and implementing Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Have applied understanding of network security (ACL management, IPSEC, Client VPN)
- Have extensive experience with Service Provider technologies such as BGP, MPLS, L3/L2 VPN, NSP, ISP
- Have a solid understanding of L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering
- Have comfort and efficiency working with Linux
Perks @ Telnyx:
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Professional Development Fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Open PTO
- Subsidised Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- 3 meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Subsidized ride sharing to and from the office
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.