You must be able to work in our Chicago office to be considered for this role. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Our Python team work on building highly available low latency microservices from scratch using the newest bleeding edge technologies
We are looking for someone who will work within our awesome Python team, championing and leading the build of secure, robust and high-performance systems.
You will work on creating internal tools to be used across the company, have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our growing company, solving complex problems as we scale. You’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
In This Role You Will:
- Design developer-friendly APIs.
- Build, test, and deploy applications to deliver critical global communications services.
- Identify and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance.
- Create tools to automate aspects of production systems.
You May Be A Fit If You Have:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented programming language.
- Experience with web application development.
- Comfort working with relational databases at scale.
- Experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
- Familiarity with Docker, Consul, Nomad, Jenkins, or Ansible.
Perks @ Telnyx
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Heath and Dental
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Open and Flexible Work Arrangements
- Free Fitness Classes
- Professional Development Fund
- Catered meals daily
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Subsidized Ride Sharing
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.