Please note that this is an onsite position in our Chicago office.
Who We Are
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office.
We're looking for a front end web engineer to build and enhance next-generation websites in React for our growth and marketing teams. You will be embedded in a team of UX and visual designers, product marketers and product managers to develop engaging, innovative solutions that meet our fast-paced growth and marketing needs. In this role, you care deeply about user experience, performance and accessibility on the web and you develop efficient, modular and accessible systems accordingly.
- Develop performant web applications using React and Redux.
- Work closely with the creative team and content team to deliver original web content.
- Test, deploy and monitor applications.
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to scalability and performance.
What a successful day looks like:
- You utilize your technical aptitude for seamless collaboration with designers and content creators.
- You aggregate and review metrics with product marketers and managers to deliver data-backed features.
- Connect with other front end engineers by reviewing code, pair programming when necessary.
- Write well-tested code and further improve the code base with your contributions by promoting reusability, extensibility and render performance.
A minimum of:
- 1 year experience with React
Nice to have:
- Experience with server-side rendering or server-enabled frameworks, such as Next.js or Gatsby.js
- Experience with Contentful
- $70k - $150k base salary DOE
- 0.001% - 0.1% equity
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match
- Open PTO
- Comprehensive health insurance
Joining Our Team
You'll be joining our team in our Chicago office, located in the heart of River North. No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build high-demand solutions and a company that values the very best ideas. People throughout the world rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
Software engineers at Telnyx use:
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and GitHub.