Network Automation Engineer
Automate Telnyx’s global backbone.
This role will require a blend of traditional network engineering knowledge and experience, in addition to skill-sets that focus on automation of configuration builds and deployments. A successful candidate will be a creative thinker and a disciplined engineer, relying on both to make good decisions and qualified judgments. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude, who is highly intelligent and motivated to learn and grow within the organization.
In This Role You Will
- Develop network automation systems to support turn-up of new network devices, changes to existing network devices, and remediation of network issues.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Develop documentation relating to network automation.
- Provide Level 2/3 network support to the business and manages the implementation of critical Network Communication Infrastructure with a concentration in voice.
- Assist in the resolution of complex systems, security, and network problems utilizing expertise in field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Perform advanced level network support tasks.
- Implementation of new infrastructure related systems.
You May Be A Fit For This Role If You Have
- Experience in building automation solutions designed to generate configurations and deploy to network infrastructure.
- Experience with automation toolsets and languages. Ansible, Jinja, Python, YAML, etc.
- Experience working within a CI/CD process and writing automated tests.
- Experience with automation deployment methods such as NAPALM or Ansible modules for Cisco and Juniper.
- Ability to understand Terraform playbooks/scripts.
- Ability to write multithread/multiprocess python scripts and use templates like TextFSM for parsing various outputs.
- Detailed understanding and experience with IP networking.
- Extensive experience with BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, and Layer2 technologies.
- Experience with open source platforms (Quagga/FRR, BIRD, OpenBSD, etc.).
- Experience with Linux, Container Networking, bash scripting.
What We Value
- You're a great team player who is willing to share knowledge, experience. You are comfortable with collaboration across an organization.
- You have a willingness to learn and a strong desire to explore new concepts.
- You have extensive experience building configurations, designs, and solutions in multi-platform environments.
- You have a strong desire to blend network deployments using automation with goals of reaching Zero Touch Provisioning.
- Your experience covers networking from perspectives of design, implementation, and support. You’re comfortable with leading design and deployment while having no problems jumping into support.
- You're comfortable with concepts such as turning a Linux host into a router.
- You're comfortable with non-traditional networking such as building network solutions in the cloud that are non-standard or unique in the industry.
- You have a great deal of experience with BGP in an ISP or Service Provider environment.
- You understand and have built MPLS networks with a solid understanding of L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering.
- Your ideal environment is to work with small teams and be part of a growth-stage startup.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.