The Telnyx Infrastructure team is rapidly expanding and with this brings an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and gritty, "can do" view of security. We want to deliver facts and not fiction to the business, enabling Telnyx to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
In this role you will:
Build and run scalable and sustainable infrastructure to identify vulnerable applications and infrastructure.
- Automate and integrate workflow between vulnerability intelligence ingestion, our platforms and CI/CD process to eliminate vulnerabilities in the SDLC.
- Implement asset and configuration management tooling across all hosts and cloud infrastructure and link the output to campaigns to reduce risk.
- Create and manage configuration compliance and patch management automation within modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Constantly innovate at the pace of the adversary using the latest techniques.
- You will mentor and evangelize security practices through cross-functional work with infrastructure and software engineering teams.
You will be a fit for this role if you have:
7+ years of hands-on experience in vulnerability management automation or operations.
- A passion for developing systems and process dedicated to finding vulnerabilities and configuration errors and engineering them out of large scale systems.
- Experience writing tools to automate tasks and integrate systems in Python or equivalent.
- Experience with cloud, IaaS, PaaS, 'network-as-a-service' environment is preferable.
- Understanding of current security issues and threats and risks that can manifest in larger scale complex systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Mac internals, ACLs and OS/platform level security protection and common protocols.
- Comfortable with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Drone, Terraform and experience with container-based approaches such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of SSH, keystores, security certificates, user and password management, authentication and authorization, session management.
- Proficiency in taking threat models and applying effective network security strategies at scale.
Qualities of the right person:
Humble expert with a sense of urgency.
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple.
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, and willing to learn from their mistakes.
- Team focus with an ability to work in a matrixed organization.
Perks @ Telnyx:
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Professional Development Fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Open PTO
- Subsidised Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- 3 meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Subsidized ride sharing to and from the office
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.