Applicants that are able to work from our Dublin office are only being considered for this role
As Telnyx’s first In-House Legal Counsel based out of its Dublin, Ireland office, you will work together with the General Counsel and the rest of the legal team and management to lead legal operations in Dublin as well as facilitate processes across many squads within Telnyx: growth, vendor relations, recruiting, regulatory, among others, and work efficiently to put Telnyx in the best possible position for the future. Telnyx has operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Accordingly, there is a significant international component to this role. You will have a substantial voice in shaping the future of legal at a fast-paced high-growth technology company, and you will have extensive opportunities to grow the depth and breadth of your skills. A strong fundamental understanding of contracts law and talent at drafting and other writing are essential for this role.
Specifically, you will:
- Respond to contract requests and needs from within the organization
- With the growth team as “client”, manage and respond to customer contract requests and lead customer contracts to closing
- With the interops/vendor relations team as “client”, manage and respond to vendor contract requests and lead vendor contracts to closing
- With the internal requesting party as “client”, manage and respond to outgoing and incoming NDA negotiation requests
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document commercial leases, architect/contractor agreements and development agreements for the company’s offices globally together with jurisdictionally-specific outside counsel where appropriate
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document business life-cycle contracts such as equity and debt financing documents
- Collaborative field ad-hoc commercial contract requests to ensure prompt and efficient unblocking of commercial efforts
- Develop and improve legal processes
- Create and periodically update company form agreements
- Research and apply law that applies to the ever-changing business and create documentation and processes to support compliance (e.g. retention policies, security, privacy)
- Maintain, enhance, and when appropriate, replace, legal software tooling
- Effectively and professionally source and manage outside counsel and interact extensively with third parties
- Telnyx frequently has occasion to source and manage outside counsel, both domestically and abroad. In-house counsel will need to regularly perform RFPs among existing and novel outside service providers to ensure quality outside counsel.
- In-house counsel will interface with Telnyx lenders and investors and should be prepared to interact as the face and/or voice of the company while maintaining company confidentiality
- Be proactive with regulatory matters
- Telnyx is a next-generation international communications service provider. A willingness to dig-in on the regulatory side and think critically and creatively about how to ensure we are compliant while simultaneously nimble is essential to continuing to scale. In-house counsel will partner with the General Counsel and management to craft and support these efforts.
What we are looking for
- At least 4 years of experience as a solicitor and/or in-house legal counsel; open to candidates with substantially more senior experience
- Based in Dublin, able to work full-time (50 hours/week) out of the Dublin office
- Exceptional drafter/writer
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts
- Efficient communicator with a mastery of tone
- Global thinker who is disciplined with the details
- Driven to self-improve and broaden and deepen legal and business skill-set
- Demonstrable track record of providing practical, forward-thinking, business-minded legal advice
- Creative problem-solver who will search for the latest technology to organize and automate workflows
- Humble and confident
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and re-prioritize
- Experience with telecommunications is a massive plus, but not required
Compensation and Perks
Besides a competitive compensation package, we offer our Telnyx team, we like to include an array of perks for our employees to enjoy.
- Professional Development Fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working environment
- Subsidised Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- Catered meals daily
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Free MyTaxi
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a completely automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has over 100 team members (70% engineers) among our Dublin, Ireland office, Chicago, Illinois, USA office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth and a massive addressable market.