Who We Are
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office.
We're looking for an experienced front end engineer to build intuitive, robust web applications within our product suite that enable critical communications services for our customers. In this role, you care deeply about performance, maintainability and accessibility on the web and you develop efficient, modular and accessible systems accordingly.
- Seek out, assess, champion and ultimately implement the latest and best emerging UI technologies.
- Test, deploy and monitor applications using a variety of tools such as Webpack, Jest, Docker and Jenkins.
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to scalability and performance.
What a successful day looks like:
- You connect with other front end engineers by reviewing code, pair programming when necessary.
- You write well-tested code and further improve the code base with your contributions by promoting reusability, extensibility and render performance.
- Effectively communicate with product managers and other members of your team to consistently ship features and products.
A minimum of:
- 1 year experience using React in a work environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with other UI frameworks, such as Angular or Vue, on top of your React expertise.
- You have authoritative knowledge of the latest JS web APIs, HTML & CSS standards and maintaining cross-browser compatibility.
- You understand and seek to enforce UX standards and UI design principals.
- Mentorship experience or a desire to mentor other engineers.
- $70k - $150k base salary DOE
- 0.001% - 0.1% equity
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match
- Open PTO
- Comprehensive health insurance
Joining Our Team
You'll be joining our team in our Chicago office, located in the heart of River North. No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build high-demand solutions and a company that values the very best ideas. People throughout the world rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
Software engineers at Telnyx use:
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and GitHub.