This role is located in our Dublin, Ireland office. You must be able to work from Dublin in order to be considered for this role.
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an IP network that is international, private, and software-defined, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has ninety employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
This role will require a blend of traditional network engineering knowledge and experience, in addition to skill-sets that focus on automation of configuration builds and deployments. A successful candidate will be a creative thinker and a disciplined engineer, relying on both to make good decisions and qualified judgments. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude, who is highly intelligent and motivated to learn and grow within the organization. This Senior Network Engineer provides Level 2/3 network support to the business and manages the implementation of critical Network Communication Infrastructure with a concentration in voice; support network systems; recommend resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels; assist in the resolution of complex systems, security, and network problems utilizing expertise in field concepts, practices and procedures; perform advanced level network support tasks; and implementation of new infrastructure related systems.
- Senior level experience and leadership in managing a Global IP Backbone
- Minimum CCNP, JNCIS, or equivalent experience and knowledge
- CCIE level equivalent experience and knowledge is a plus
- Experience in building automation solutions designed to generate configurations and deploy to network infrastructure
- Experience with automation toolsets and languages. Ansible, Jinja, Python, YAML, etc
- Experience with automation deployment methods such as NAPALM or Ansible modules for Cisco and Juniper
- Extensive experience configuring and implementing Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Experience with service provider networks or equivalent technologies (NSP, ISP, etc)
- Detailed understanding and experience with IP networking
- Extensive experience with BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, and Layer2 technologies
- Experience with open source platforms (Quagga, BIRD, OpenBSD, etc)
- Experience with Linux, Container Networking, bash scripting
What we value
- You're a great team player who is willing to share knowledge, experience. You are comfortable with collaboration across an organization
- You have a willingness to learn and a strong desire to explore new concepts
- You have extensive experience building configurations, designs, and solutions in multi-platform environments
- You have a strong desire to blend network deployments using automation with goals of reaching Zero Touch Provisioning
- Your experience covers networking from perspectives of design, implementation, and support. You’re comfortable with leading design and deployment while having no problems jumping into support
- You're comfortable with concepts such as turning a Linux host into a router
- You're comfortable with non-traditional networking such as building network solutions in the cloud that are non-standard or unique in the industry
- You have a great deal of experience with BGP in an ISP or Service Provider environment
- You understand and have built MPLS networks with a solid understanding of L3VPN, L2VPN, and Traffic Engineering
- Your ideal environment is to work with small teams and be part of a growth stage startup