This role is located in Chicago. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Telecom customers are accustomed to cumbersome, half-hearted service and snail-paced innovation. We’re building an internet-centric, agile phone company for tomorrow’s communication: fast, clear, contextual conversations untethered from devices and unconstrained by geography.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications, and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer.
Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
Joining our team
The Senior Visual Designer will be responsible for owning and iterating on Telnyx’s existing visual brand identity, driving and maintaining high design standards across all platforms. You’re someone who’s enthusiastic about every aspect of visual communication whether in physical-form, print, video or digital. As a designer, you’ll define and evolve the visual language of the Growth and Product teams to help achieve department-specific OKRs. Your expertise will also be crucial in building internal-facing collateral to help improve company culture and employee well-being.
In this role, you will
- Own the process to produce clean, simple designs for materials such as emails, landing pages, digital ads, presentations, conference collateral and employee perks, to name a few
- Collaborate with other designers and take initiative on strategic issues including design direction and improvements in the creative production process and workflows
- Work with leadership and the Growth team to iterate on existing design and brand elements to further evolve and elevate the Telnyx Style Guide
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute campaigns
- Assist the sales team in reaching their goals through the creation of ad hoc materials and additional sales collateral
- Provide visual brand input and guidance in other key areas including software products, signage, and office design
- Ensure a consistent brand voice across the company
- Craft guidelines and templates to empower all current employees to create their own materials in a way that supports the Telnyx brand
- Keep current with design trends and standard methodologies; exploring and implementing new technologies and tools to advance the Telnyx brand
What we value
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You have a proven ability to build great relationships and convey and debate design rationale. You're the person that people can't wait to collaborate with.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our users, and we fight to empower them.
- A highly iterative design process. We move fast, we listen, and we adapt. We rapidly incorporate feedback, and we relentlessly collaborate. You are adept at giving and receiving critiques.
Mastery of tools. We move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand. Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, or Keynote are just a few of the technologies we use.
What we’re looking for
- 5-10 years of experience
- Strong design aesthetic with attention to typography, color, imagery and graphics
- Strong skill set in Adobe products in a Mac environment
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Invision
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS for both web and email
- Familiarity with CMS systems (i.e. Wordpress, Contentful)
- Familiarity in designing across multiple screen sizes and devices
- The attitude of a constant learner, with an eagerness to dig into details
Perks @ Telnyx
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Heath and Dental
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Open and Flexible Work Arrangements
- ClassPass Monthly Credits - Fitness Classes
- Professional Development Fund
- Catered meals daily (in-house chefs) – Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Top-notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Unlimited PTO