This role is located in Chicago. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has about 100 employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining our team
The Senior Visual Designer will be responsible for iterating on Telnyx’s existing visual brand identity, driving and maintaining high design standards across all platforms. You’re someone who’s enthusiastic about every aspect of visual communication whether in print, video or digital. As a designer, you’ll define and evolve the visual language of the Growth and Product teams to help achieve department-specific OKRs. Your expertise will also be crucial in building internal facing collateral to help improve company culture and employee well-being.
In this role, you will
- Produce clean, simple designs for materials such as emails, landing pages, digital ads, presentations, conference collateral and employee perks, to name a few
- Collaborate with other designers and take initiative on strategic issues including design direction and improvements in the creative production process and workflows
- Work with leadership and the Growth team to iterate on existing design and brand elements to further evolve and elevate the Telnyx Style Guide
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute campaigns
- Assist the sales team in reaching their goals through the creation of ad hoc materials and additional sales collateral
- Provide visual brand input and guidance in other key areas including software products, signage, and office design
- Ensure a consistent brand voice across the company
- Craft guidelines and templates to empower all current employees to create their own materials in a way that supports the Telnyx brand
- Keep current with design trends and standard methodologies; exploring and implementing new technologies and tools to advance the Telnyx brand
What we value
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You have a proven ability to build great relationships and convey and debate design rationale. You're the person that people can't wait to collaborate with.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our users, and we fight to empower them.
- A profound love of engineers. Telnyx is an engineering company, and we get to work with some of the best in the world. Engineers realize our vision—and we realize theirs—and together we create software that our users love.
- A highly iterative design process. We move fast, we listen, and we adapt. We rapidly incorporate feedback, and we relentlessly collaborate. You are adept at giving and receiving critiques.
A mastery of tools. We move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand. Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, or Keynote are just a few of the technologies we use.
What we’re looking for
- 5-10 years of experience
- Strong design aesthetic with an attention to typography, color, imagery and graphics
- Strong skill set in Adobe products in a Mac environment
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Invision
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS for both web and email
- Familiarity with CMS systems (i.e. Wordpress, Contentful)
- Familiarity in designing across multiple screen sizes and devices
- The attitude of a constant learner, with an eagerness to dig into details