Owning the construction process of our Chicago office expansion responsible for space through occupancy to meet our rapid growth demand.
Telnyx is expanding our office space in our Chicago headquarters and is seeking a gritty and adaptable Development Project manager to join our Business Operations team to execute this construction project efficiently and effectively.
What you will do:
- Manage entire fit-out process from Contractor Bidding through Substantial completion, punch-list and close out.
- Manage all external consultants, ensuring timely execution of scheduled deliverables
- Complete projects with an emphasis on quality, timely completion and budgetary requirements
- Coordinate all vendors as required during construction
- Chair weekly meetings with all vendors
- Manage schedule and provide weekly status reports to SPM and DTD
- Assist commercial management w/ budget management as required
- Coordinate furniture install + staging with the design team
- Management of project construction closeout including timely completion of all punch-list items
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience/or Degree in architecture, building engineering, or construction management
- Field experience with subcontractors
- Familiarity with local building code, health and safety requirement, and permitting
- Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building and local codes.
- Ability to review and track project budgets and schedules
- Familiarity with architectural, furniture and space planning drawings and their use.
- Flexibility with work hours and available on call after working hours for handling urgent issues.
- Highly organised with strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people.We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.