Telnyx is a growth-stage software company building a platform that facilitates mission-critical, real-time communications (RTC) accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We're a licensed carrier with domestic and international numbering resources and IP address space (AS63440), and we’re headquartered in Chicago, IL with a second office in Dublin, Ireland.
Our strategy involves interconnecting with major ISPs in order to minimize latency, jitter and packet loss, thus mitigating the quality shortcomings entailed by the best effort nature of the Internet. Our network leverages direct cross-connects into major Cloud Service Provider networks for compute and storage resources, and private fiber to connect our global points of presence. The result is a homogeneous, cloud-agnostic (leveraging Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud) infrastructure on which to deploy our containerized services.
As a member of the Telephony Operations Team, you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Telnyx Telephony Products as we expand into international markets. In the course of doing so, you will participate in video conference meetings, technical reviews, and team demos/training.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement monitoring, logging, and alerting tools
- Handle Level 2 support escalations
- Oversee telephony traffic patterns and handle critical alerts
- Troubleshoot and resolve voice and network protocol communications issues
- Interface with partner organizations for interconnections and expansions
- Design and implement tools for automated QA
- Coordinate systems updates and deployments
What we're looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of IP telephony (VoIP), TCP/IP Networks and related protocols (SIP, RTP, RTCP, ISUP, TLS, STUN, TURN, WebRTC).
- Experience with Linux, open source tools and shell scripting.
What we value
- Experience with Open Source VoIP applications such as Kamailio, OpenSIPS, FreeSWITCH, RTPEngine, Asterisk and open source tools such as Wireshark, sngrep and Homer.
- Experience with containers and automation tools such as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Nomad is a plus .
- Experience with Python, Elixir, or Go is a plus.
Bring your skills, experience, and interests. Help us to achieve our mission in democratizing RTC.
70% of Telnyx employees are engineers building durable, lightweight products. The engineering organization maintains our global IP network and cloud communications services; numerous bridges to other tandem networks and providers; our customer-facing portal and API; massive telemetry and data stores; and all the ancillary services required to provide reliable uptime and around-the-clock customer service. It’s a substantial undertaking that requires a roomful of gritty, innovative problem-solvers.
We’re a flat, future-forward organization building foundational technology. We offer competitive compensation and flexible work-life help. The company takes care of the menial so you can focus on the meaningful: meals, laundry, house cleaning, your commute, and personal growth materials are all covered.